Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I Love the World - "The World is Just... Awesome"

Two astronauts float in space - voiceover:

Astronaut 1: It never gets old, huh?
Astronaut 2: Nope.

Astronaut 1: It kinda makes you want to...
Astronaut 2: Break into song?
Astronaut 1: Yep

I love the mountains, I love the clear blue skies ...

change to a shot of the Millau Viaduct bridge

I love big bridges ...

a shot of a great white shark breaching

I love when great whites fly ...

a shot of Les Stroud from Survivorman, lying in the desert with a camera

I love the whole world ...

a shot of Hong Kong at night

And all its sights and sounds ...

shots of crab fishermen from Deadliest Catch, followed by African tribal dancers

Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da!

a shot of a surfer paddling beyond the waves

I love the ocean ...

a shot of Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs, in a sewer surrounded by rats

I love real dirty things ...

a shot of a super-powered car racing across the desert

I love to go fast ...

a shot of a woman scientist examining a mummy

I love Egyptian kings ...

either a shot of Buddhist monks at a temple, or in one alternate version, a shot of a space shuttle launching

I love the whole world ...

a shot of James Cameron in a deep sea sub

And all its craziness ...

a shot of a rock concert - followed by Richard Machowicz from Future Weapons, firing a grenade launcher - followed by an erupting volcano

Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da!

a shot of Josh Bernstein from Into the Unknown, in front of a tornado

I love tornadoes ...

a shot of Bear Grylls from Man Vs. Wild, with a tarantula

I love arachnids ...

a shot of a scientist in a fire-proof suit beside a Hawaiian volcano

I love hot magma ...

a shot of a Humboldt squid

I love the giant squid ...

a shot of people sitting on a beach after dark, watching fireworks

I love the whole world, it's such a brilliant place ...

several rapid shots - Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from Mythbusters (Adam is setting Jamie's arm on fire) - Stephen Hawking using his synthesizer to speak (in one alternate version, a mountain climber from Everest: Beyond the Limit is shown instead, flashing the peace sign) - a man BASE-jumping into the Cave of Swallows - finally, the original astronauts from the first shot

Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da, Boom-de-ah-da!

No comments: